View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #9
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Originally I was considering 19s (thinking summer tires on 19s might not be any worse of a ride than 18" RFTs) but since then I've decided to stay with 18s because the only real benefit for 19s IMO is appearance. 18s are slightly cheaper (wheels and tires), less NVH, and lighter basically = better performance. However I want to go as wide as possible without any risk of rubbing and don't want to have to roll the front fenders.

I'm looking for a more confident behind the wheel feel because under decent throttle the stock RFT just don't grip and I get lots of traction control trying to counteract that. I plan to replace the stock RFT for Michelin PS4S which obviously will offer more traction.

Better to me equals the best traction (dry/wet grip, stopping). But at the same time I'm not going to run Cup2 tires nor would I run an all-season or winter tire.

Treadwear isn't very important to me as I don't drive that much, probably average no more than 5k miles/year, so rotating tires isn't a concern for me. My previous car I ran 2.3 degrees of neg camber and my PSS tires had 2 years of use and I imagine I could have gotten another 2 years out of them.

I considered going with a square setup (for a more balanced less understeering car) but I'd prefer a 255-265 in back as opposed to the square 225-245 setup that I already find insufficient, though I realize part of the problem is the terrible RFTs.

Apex currently has a group buy deal on their forged wheels (Arc8 & EC7) with up to $400 off the set and free shipping that's pretty tempting. https://www.gangup.com/apex/apex-18-...w-q3-2019.html
Appreciate 0