Thread: BM3 vs MHD
View Single Post
      04-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

BM3 tends to put a bit more power down and MHD appears to be slightly more conservative.

These tunes have been out for nearly 2 years now and now we're starting to see some of the long term effects on some cars (i.e., issues). I was dead set on getting a flash tune, but more and more people are reporting issues on the M2 and 3 and 4 series forums. Don't get me wrong, it's not widespread at all, but the tuning process can be flaky and some cars immediately have issues or develop them over time. It seems like the Stage II cars have the most issues. Lastly, BMW is on to the flash tuners. The most recent factory programming update is locking the tuners out of the DME. Keep that in mind if the car goes in for service, especially if it's under warranty. BM3 and MHD haven't found a fix and they've been working on it for over a month now.