View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 11:13 PM   #8
brandonfrancom2
Rep
Drives: m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
M235i here and my car does the same thing. AC on, feels like a cammed V8 at idle. AC off, might as well be electric. Don't know if it's normal or not but it seems like it may be common at least.

Thanks for your input. Multiple people have given me the same feedback, that it runs like crap with AC on. Others have reported to me that there's no difference in operation between AC on and off. Something has to be up with my car. If every single B58 ran like this it would be a flaw within the motor, but, it's not. It's a common issue apparently but not widespread enough to have a recall or "program" in place. I will be following up with BMW corporate if Chapman BMW in AZ cannot fix it, and keeps claiming that they cannot feel any vibration/pulsating. Hell, I'll leave my car there for a week if it means they can detect it.

Separate issue, their "master tech" claimed he couldn't hear ANY rattles in the car when my steering column was rattling like a snake. I have it on video/audio recording. On our test drive together, he claimed he heard virtually nothing, while I heard it rattling crazy the whole drive! Amazes me.

I can live with plastic rattling here and there, but, my steering column rattles EVERY time I'm on the freeway. Master tech claimed he can't hear a clearly audible noise, and they need the guy above their master tech to have a listen. Fortunately, he isn't in until this COVID thing settles down. Wasn't aware they need multiple people to hear a blatantly obvious rattle, let alone fix it.

Sorry to make this a paragraph, but, I saw XutvJet mention all the systems put a load on the motor, especially with high heat. This happens in 60 degree weather, and 110 degree weather.

Last edited by brandonfrancom2; 06-04-2020 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0