View Single Post
      04-17-2022, 02:56 AM   #58
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yeah I have no experience on that brand so I can't comment.

I can say that brand names and marketing is not everything, for instance there are botique oils that have a huge marketing presence and are super expensive. However those engine oils pale in comparison to cheap walmart oils like castrol edge and pennzoil - in terms of used oil analysis and actual addative packages, sheer strength etc. So brand names aren't everything.

IMO I think ethanol is infinitely superior to pump gas and heres why:

1) Superior octane rating, E100 has 100 octane (rated in AKI) which is far higher than any pump gas - it is essentially race fuel allowing for much more agressive timing and boost based tunes.

2) It burns incredibly clean, so there are essentially no carbon deposits on pistons and valves vs. gasoline.

3) The evaporative cooling effect is very nice and helps engines run alot cooler on track.

Other than that the few draw backs are minimal, such as it is more agressive on rubber but fuel lines should be teflon lined anyways. It does require more fuel to be burned to make the same amount of energy - but the anti knock properties more than make up for it. And it lacks lubricity, but top cylinder lube solves this issue and you also get the much cleaner burning fuel.
Our CLK has hiccuped a couple times when starting up from warm since this E10 was introduced so an odd tank of E5 99RON does it good..it didn't happen with the outgoing E5 95 RON..and what is this E10 doing to the catalysers.
Appreciate 2
NYG10841.50