Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob657
Quote:
Originally Posted by derfl View Post

Part numbers:

63217420991 left
63217420992 right

I contacted both of my local BMW dealers. Neither could give me a price for either labor or the part. They suggested that I stay with my original brake lights. Every time I contact BMW to do some work for me, they act as though they’ve never heard of what I’m calling about and suggest I change nothing because of some errors or whatever that will show up... kinda annoying.
In this instance, I can understand why the dealer would not want to perform such work.

One, the two part numbers listed here are for RoW markets. These LCI tailights have amber turn signals. The US spec tailights have different P/Ns and red turn signals.

Two, it's one thing for a dealer to perform work on installing an aftermarket part like a cat exhaust, it's another asking them to swap out different model year OEM parts. Why would they want to swap out a non spec'd part, electronically code the module, and risk liability on a sensitive safety part such as a tailight? I would think no US BMW dealer would risk such work.
Appreciate 0