08-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #61
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyratOne View Post
Gotta keep an open mind. An i4 turbo can create some impressive power stats. With the right weight, styling, and connection to BMW heritage (I can see the whole marketing dept having a hard-on with the "M2 turbo" to "2002turbo" advert scheme), an i4 M2 turbo could be a winner

As far as "deal breaker" specs, not sure it matters to BMW. Want an i6? Get an m3/m4, that's the car for you. Or just get the M235. Want a light, nimble, track car? M2 is your answer. It fills a niche nicely
Except for the E30 M3 I don`t remember any M car that has a smaller displacement engine that the high end model ( 2.3 vs 2.5 in that case) and the EVO M3 went back with a 2.5L. On that assumption and on the recent interview with M brand director telling that there won`t be any 4cyl M car in a near future I seriously doubt that the M2 will get a 4cyl. M car are about weight your right but they can use light weight material instead and provide us a car with a sweet sounding and smooth engine. The torque curve on a 340-360hp turbo 4cyl 2.0L won`t be that flat and it will sound horrible. Long life for BMW straight 6!
Appreciate 0