Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230XI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by againsttherage View Post
Picked my car up today.

Turns out the wheels were bent in addition to the two flats. They were able to repair them though I really do not like this note, "Repaired both RF and RR rims to the best of my ability without a dial gauge. Repaired the rims by sight." I will be contacting my service manager in the AM regarding that as it's worded in a way that leads me to believe they may not be perfectly straight.

I also paid for an alignment based on their suggestion which made sense with how hard the impact was.

Any issues riding with opposite tires with tread wear vs fresh tires?

Driving home felt good overall though I thought I noticed some drift to the right during some harder accelerating through the gears. Not sure if that is the rims "repaired by site", uneven tire wear on one side of the car, some combination of the two, or my imagination.
Oof dam thankfully i didn't get any damage to the wheels the sidewalls on the runflats split I had both front end wheels damaged and with fresh rubber on the front the car did get very slippy in the wet letting the rear slide out with the front having no problem holding on.

But I'm a dumb idiot who got 2 new run flats for the back too rather than just getting some regular wheels all around lol
Appreciate 0