View Single Post
      10-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #3
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Day 0

We spent the day in Amsterdam visiting a good college friend who had moved there after graduation. This was my girlfriend’s first time to Europe so we just spent the day exploring the canals and taking in that European big-city feel, since we wouldn’t really spend any time in cities the rest of the trip.

In the evening we headed back to the airport to fly to Munich and this is where my lack of sleep the previous night (which wasn’t helped by the fact that I hadn’t really eaten anything all day) started to really catch up with me. I started feeling ill while waiting at the gate and at one point was worried if I’d even make it to this flight. We got on the plane (Eurowings flight I booked for like $50/person) and ironically, after 10 hours in a flat bed with no sleep, I promptly fell asleep sitting upright in the middle seat before we’d even pushed back from the gate. I guess that’s the secret?

We landed in Munich and any notion of feeling unwell went out the window because it was BMW time! The pre-arranged and complimentary SIXT driver was waiting outside customs with my name on a sign, and a brand new G30 5 series was waiting right outside on the curb. The driver was a man of few words as others have alluded to in other ED trip reports. However, once I started to ask about the European road signs we were passing he opened up and started talking for the rest of the trip. Perhaps he just needed a topic to discuss, or he was annoyed with other Americans and their driving etiquette in Europe and wanted to make sure I understood all the customs and signs. He was also happy to talk about how much he loved the G30, and opened it up to 220kph on the way into Munich.

We arrived at our hotel (Sendlinger Tor Hotel One, ~$100) which I chose for its location. It was adjacent to a U-bahn station on the same line that goes to the Welt, to make things easier in the morning. The hotel was clean, modern, and I highly recommend it for a quick overnight stay. We walked into the historic part of Munich for a quick bite to eat (nothing to write home about) and then went to bed.

Last edited by keylime503; 04-11-2018 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
Bimmer TV125.00