View Single Post
      12-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Question BMW mystery mule. What do you think this is?! [Update: BMW Z3 undergoing testing]

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW mystery mule. What do you think this is??
COMMENTS

Update:

From insider Scott26:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Welcome back to the BMW Z3.
Quote:
It does show you that an M2 with CFRP roof is completely feasible.
Quote:
No it is not the F22 Chassis underneath which is why the body is shortened.
For more clues let us say that Winter is coming...
But this prototype also shows possibilities for the M2.
Quote:
I posted this long ago. There is another article I am still looking for.

"The Z4 becomes the Z5 and will share with a Toyota as will a Z3 Both are RWD.
The engineering schematics for the Carbon intensive architecture is impressive. You are going to see so much for so little with the combined force of BMW and Toyota using all their resources available.

BMW wants to re-invent its Z series sports cars and make them as cutting edge and influential as the BMWi models by visual appearance and state of the art engineering to highlight a new BMW philosophy for sports cars.

Vision ConnectedDrive and 328 Homage concepts are the template for the visuals. Plans also include a slightly massaged three cylinder entirely unique and exclusive in the Z3 Mille Miglia mimicking the classic 328 to provide excellent dynamics using lightweight materials."

Original post:

Although most test mules spotted are covered in camouflage, we generally have an idea of what model it is. Rare is the occasion when we spot an uncamouflaged mule and are stumped by what it is exactly.

This BMW mystery mule was recently spotted at BMW's test route near BMW and it was registered with BMW's usual Munich number plate.

At first glance, it appears to be a M235i, but a closer look shows that it has a shorter wheelbase and a lowered roofline (see comparison image versus M235i below). It also sports a carbon fiber hood, double humped carbon fiber roof and carbon fiber trunk spoiler.

No previous BMW M2 mules have resembled this, so that's unlikely. Could this mule be related to the joint BMW/Toyota sports car platform? What do you think it is?

BMW Mystery Mule

Appreciate 0