05-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #8
mahmut235
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
I’ve been in the same boat, researching tunes and their implication on a warranty. I’ve read numerous threads and the consensus I’ve gotten is even after you flash back to stock (or remove the tune/jb4/etc), they can still see there was a tune at some point. It changes certain targets that can indicate to an engineer there was an alteration at some point. Now from my understanding, this won’t ever play a part unless you need to use a warranty claim on something major to the motor or turbo. But just know, if you tune and something catastrophic happens they will find evidence a tune existed.
I understand, the conclusion i have now is to forget about my warranty and get the eurocharged tune since my maintenance is not affected.

I plan on keeping this car till it dies so would love to have it running fine all the time. Should i get some sort of inspection to make sure theres nothing faulty that bmw should replace before i get a tune?

Just done want to get a tune and have something go wrong and i dont know who to blame
Appreciate 0