View Single Post
      07-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #469
vballer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i vert 6MT

I had the SSK installed and it feels great, but the lever is not aligned properly.

I didn’t have the SSK installed right away because of multiple reports on this forum of misaligned levers. I moved forwarded with the installation only after exchanging levers last month with Ben of Rogue Engineering. The SSK and transmission mounts were installed yesterday by a local shop recommended by Ben. The friendly people there took about 3-1/2 hours.

The feel of the SSK is solid and there is very little play. It’s a bit heavier than my old Miata, requiring a little more force to engage but that will probably diminish over time. There is not much NVH, but I can hear a touch more whine from the gearbox which I kind of like. The shop was impressed as well, informed by their many years of upgrading and modifying lots of fast cars.

Unfortunately, as shown in the photograph, the lever leans to the right while in neutral and really should be where the 1st to 2nd shift is right now. The shifter boot pops out in 5th gear as shown, but there is no problem with the boot while in reverse.

The lever does seems correct in the fore-aft direction; it’s upright while in neutral as expected.

I’m waiting to hear back from Ben for a remedy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0