View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #144
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Got my car last week (2017 M240), did this today. I guess my fingers are fat I had one hell of a time trying to get the mirror harness unplugged. I tried pressing sides like OP said, I tried pushing the little tab facing forward with fingers and with a mini screwdriver. Sucker would not come out. In fact I fucked with it so much the entire harness and clip came out. The harness to the mirror and harness below to the car are just pressed in and they slid out together while I was trying to unplug it. This gave me plenty of room and I was able to slide it back in easily.

Now to the mirror tap: I bought MT-4015 and slid it into the mirror harness wires and sometimes the radar would power up but any kind of movement it would lose power. I unplugged and plugged them back so many times. So I gave up and plugged them into the higher red harness for the rain sensor. One push and they went in and no matter how I jiggled it the radar never lost power.

Now that I've looked at it, there is so much loose wire up there buying a mirror tap is a total waste of money. If you can solder two wires together, just cut up any random loose phone wire and there is a ton of slack to splice these in.

Now that I have my V1 powered up, my phone wouldnt connect. Duh V1's have a separate bluetooth dongle. I have it up in the headliner of my other car, now I need to order one and try and fit that and a phone splitter into the mirror plastic shell cover.
Appreciate 0