View Single Post
      03-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #22
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Agreed. I am coming from a Elite .v1 (which was a beast). That much torque so early in the power-band was amazing (and a bit scary).

I was throwing CEL's every 3rd or 4th restart and they would erase in the same number of re-starts. No change in performance w/ or w/o the CEL, but since my car was going out of warranty, I thought it wise to go with the .v2 since having CEL's is not a good option to routinely have.

I can say the .v2 is still crazy fast. If you get your head wrapped around published numbers you could be unnecessarily influenced since the .v2 seems to give up a substantial amount of torque. In day to day driving your car will still be a handful with the .v2.

"Butt Dyno" (at least for me) doesn't display a substantial loss of performance. 1/2 throttle with the .v2 will still illicit a "holy $#!t" response.

That being said, if you have a brand new car, and do not care about your factory warranty, there are other higher output options. If you want to maintain coverage for your car, the Dinan .v2 Elite is worth considering.
I would agree with that statement 100%
Appreciate 1
kianf2264.00