View Single Post
      03-19-2020, 07:51 PM   #21
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
All of these tunes are lots of smoke n mirrors ...
I've met with Steve Dinan on two occasions and thereby came to understand his approach and philosophy. That's why I was quite confident buying the Dinantronics Elite V2.

Yes, when it comes to tunes, it's buyer-beware. I don't see Dinan fitting into that category. That is, I have complete faith and trust in what they publish.

To be clear, I also am not familiar with the purveyors of the other tunes in the marketplace. In that context, if I were in the market for a non-Dinan tune I would look to a trusted source for advice regarding which to choose.

From what I've seen on this forum, there are few owners who have an idea of how to do this.

FWIW, I've learned from top tuners that these are the basics when it comes to street tunes:

1) Reliability; then, and only then,
2) Power.

The exception is when owners want big numbers. In that case, an owner needs to go to a tuning shop that caters to their need. And believe me, there are a lot of shops ready and willing to present big numbers. Those shops are capable of presenting owners with what they want to see.
Appreciate 2
WolfGTI716.00
kianf2264.00