Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletrs View Post
I have the LCA's installed on my M235i for 2 years now but i notice uneven tire wear on the inside. Is that because of the camber and because the control arm is longer? How to fix this?
That is expected with a higher camber setting that the longer arm gives (increasing from stock of about 0.8 degrees to 1.5 or so with the longer LCAs), the fix is to drive the car harder and wear rubber off the outside of the tyres. You will get shorter tyre life than with the stock arms if you haven't been prematurely wearing the outer shoulders due to spirited cornering, which is one of the key reasons you would put on the longer arms to begin with.

My Caterham runs 2.7 degrees of front camber which leads to noticeable inner shoulder wear if I drive a few thousand kilometres on the highway without a lot of hard cornering, but a couple of track days evens it out again.
Great explanation.

For reference, every Spring I measure depths at four points across all tires to see which set belongs in the back. My track season ends a few months before the winters go on, I'm still hitting back roads on the weekends, but way more highway miles are driven. Even then the greatest variance inner to outer on my PS4s was half a millimeter with -1.7f and -1.9r.
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 0