ocN55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane060 View Post
Reading your input on the JB4 and had a question for you

So if I have no plans of doing any more modding or fuel mixtures etc I really only want a tiny bump in power and the ability to clear my downpipe CEL would you recommend going with the Jb4 and running map 1 -2? only mods are fabspeed dp and M Performance muffler with 93 octane down here? not sure what I need on the jb4 ewg wires or not if only wanting to use the auto code cleariing feature for the dp and stay on 1-2 map Still hoping the New JB4 is just a direct PNP I don't want to tap or splice anything
Yes you can do that. If you skip the EWG wires you must stay on only map 1 or 2, don't even try anything else without logging. And if you get the OBD CANbus cable you don't need to splice. Though I'm not sure why so many are afraid of splicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
No catted DP will give you 100% success rate for unlimited number of years.
The higher end ones Like Fabspeed and Evolution Racewerks will surely last you a lot longer than the cheaper options.

That being said they will all fail eventually ( could take years). A customer posted this month about the Fabspeed catted failing on his car.
I think that goes without saying mike
One member even melted his stock cat. But these parts are still new to see ubiquitous failures.

Also if you read my op, you'll know I'm not a fan of hfc in general.

Last edited by ocN55; 09-19-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 2