Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 6spd 2011 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocN55 View Post
Thanks!

1. Not really... I'd say a chargepipe upgrade in addition to Stage 1 tune, intake, and exhaust. There have been some instances where the stock chargepipe failed under stock boost levels. And a FMIC upgrade wouldn't hurt either, but both upgrades aren't "worthwhile" imo (unless you're doing path #2).

2. Yes! The fabspeed sport cat downpipe is reported to have a 100% success rate in not triggering a CEL. It's just a little pricey but people who have them seem to like them.

3. The answer is no, you cannot hit your very high boost levels on pure 93. Race gas or e85 will be needed. But you should be able to run Map 2 with a downpipe and 93 AKI Octane, but only logs will tell (some who have 93 have seem reported to be octane deficient when trying to run high boost).
Reading your input on the JB4 and had a question for you

So if I have no plans of doing any more modding or fuel mixtures etc I really only want a tiny bump in power and the ability to clear my downpipe CEL would you recommend going with the Jb4 and running map 1 -2? only mods are fabspeed dp and M Performance muffler with 93 octane down here? not sure what I need on the jb4 ewg wires or not if only wanting to use the auto code cleariing feature for the dp and stay on 1-2 map Still hoping the New JB4 is just a direct PNP I don't want to tap or splice anything
Appreciate 0