Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
This is what google translate says:

"BMW NEWS: M235I
The M235i M135i replaces. He seems much more dynamic and mature than its predecessor. The power increases to 320 hp"

That looks too similar to the real red spy shot to be render in my opinion...

Looks like the real thing to me

It is definitely a render, and I think i have seen it before as well. If you look at the lower center grille, you can see it is not straight as in someone didn't align the grille properly.

But, as you said, I think this is a pretty darn good and accurate render.

Guys - I am really excited. I think a lot of people are underestimating the M235i. I *really* think it is going to be a lot better then we expect it to be. At least I hope so or I am going to another brand

I know many people are disappointed with the F30 and F10. They are softer, EPS is crap, etc.

BUT, and here is a big BUT (and what I think everyone is waiting for from BMW).

This is an "M" performance model. I think BMW is really trying hard for this car. An M performance model should be better then a standard 335i, for example. The issues people are having - soft suspension, bad steering - it should be improved and sportier. Obviously not as good as a real M, but better.

Then this brings me to my next topic -> cars near the 50k range.

In Europe, the M135i is really cheap compared to the CLA45 AMG.
In the USA? maybe not so much. A base CLA45 AMG starts at 47k. Not only that, but a corvette C7 starts at 51k. I know apples to oranges, since a 2 series and sits 4, while a Corvette is a pure sports car. But for me, at least, I am considering both (and a CLA45 AMG, and Cayman, and possibly alfa romeo 4c).

You are talking about a car that, if begins at lets say 43k, will get to 47k with only adding leather interior, wood trim, and an automatic transmission.

HP is not everything, but you can't deny a C7 with 480 hp, 480 torque, active aero, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, 29 MPG highway for a few k more is enticing.

BMW needs a car that will own the segment until the proper M2 arrives, which is quite a long time from now.

Hopefully, by now, BMW has bettered the EPS and with the LSD, the M235i should be a real joy.

is the LSD going to be standard or an option? I always thought it was going to be an option from BMW M performance, but some people are talking like it will be a standard or even factory option.