View Single Post
      03-23-2022, 12:58 PM   #8
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Apologies for the delay, Phil was waiting on me to chime in here. We purposely don't list "specs" because most of what people ask for is useless in terms of making a decision, and what is actually useful is really difficult for even knowledgeable consumers to interpret. I think we can convey the information in a way that makes that easier, but it's a big project and we just have never gotten to it. At the end of the day, the simplest, easiest, and only sure-fire way to evaluate is to listen to the product in question. You can't fake that, and for the most part there is no room for error. Even if you have all the tools, knowledge, and experience available to you that we do here, still true - just listen. And if you are trying to compare, then listen to both/all.

Impedance, sensitivity, and power handling are pretty basic and certainly have some use, but I would caution that they give such a small amount of information that they shouldn't be the basis for your decision. That said, here's what you are asking for:

Impedance: nominally 4 ohms. The amplifier obviously sees the finished system load, via the crossover, rather than the individual driver impedance. Minimum impedance of the combined 2-way is 3.2 ohms.

Sensitivity: 90dB @ 2.83V. That is of the combined 2-way, not the individual drivers, and that's very high. One of the things you'll notice if you look carefully at our crossover here is that there are no series resistors or L-pad. Through careful design we were able to eliminate the need to attenuate the tweeter, where other competing products need to reduce the tweeter level to match the reduced midrange level.

Power Handling: 75W max, but you can comfortably drive these with half that.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 2
Pottah203.00
chris7197334.00