ifobd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230iZTR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifobd View Post
How are the camber plates with the stock EDC on the street?
They do add to the car's NVH (a slight rattle on crappy or uneven pavement; big clanks on speedbumps or potholes) and you can hear the electronic dampers clicking when you work them. But if you turn on the radio at half volume (and I'm one of those people that its always on) its lost in the sound anyway.

I did springs, bumpstops, shockware, and camber plates at the same time with the suspension pulled apart, so its hard to isolate which thing was the highest impact, but I'm very happy with the car's road manners on the Super Sports. It doesn't track onto pavement grooves like people warned it would, and my tire wear has been more even. And the best news is that it provides so much grip now on the RE71R's that this year for track/AutoX is going to be about re-learning its limits.

IMO, its well worth it to go wide and camberd if you're tracking or autocrossing the car and it fits within your rules set. If you're just street driving though...probably overkill and LCA's with square 235's or 245's would be more than enough.
Quote:
IMO, its well worth it to go wide and camberd if you're tracking or autocrossing the car and it fits within your rules set. If you're just street driving though...probably overkill and LCA's with square 235's or 245's would be more than enough.
Im xdrive and havent been able to find LCAs that work. Currently on 245 squared and dinan springs. Camber adjustable bushings could work but i read about some issues and failures. I do autox and hpde. Looking to go 17x9 square for this if I can get a working setup.
Appreciate 0