View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #99
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Update, sort of..

Maintenance has been a focus for me this spring, with COVID related delays with tracking, and overall time to get out has been difficult.. As things are reopening I wanted to have the car ready, no maintenance spared, so I took care of the following;

Brake fluid flush (Motul RBF660) required 3 new bleeders
MT Trans flush (Redline D4)
Coolant expansion tank hose (OEM, they age/crack)
Oil Change (LiquiMoly)
Diff Fluid flush (Fuchs Sintopoid 75w90)
Coolant checked for PH and all good
Checked all piping/clamps for seal
Torqued all suspension hardware (you'd be surprised what was slowly coming loose, namely front strut top hats/sway bar links)
Suspension/Chassis clean up
Retorqued all rotor hardware, added safety wire this time

During this time I also had an opportunity to swap my MP LSD to a Quaife LSD, more to come on my after thoughts. It was a straight trade with a friend who was trading his m235 in so I basically covered labour and got the Quaife for “free”. Sweet deal, really liking it so far.

Have an appointment at Powersports Garage @ Calabogie Motorsports Park tomorrow for a real track-alignment, done with string/laser etc along with a corner balance. This is something I've put off for time, and it should really help seeing that my previous alignment was rushed and done on a traditional rack..

Track days are starting up, have 3 confirmed bookings for Aug/Sept/Oct, currently searching for some in between events to attend.

D

Last edited by Dylan86; 07-07-2020 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
K8_M235i476.50