SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil doc View Post
Rahhh

I bought apex spacers. I’m going to run 235/40s square for 3 reasons...
1) I got a REALLY good deal on them
2) I wanted a slightly taller tire (a little more comfortable in the road).
3) it’s still a simple square set up that can be easily rotated for Xdrive cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
whats the difference in the top 2 235/40 ? .3 difference in tread width
Quick update, I got the wheels and tires in the garage and will have tires mounted and balanced this weekend. If my car is done at the shop, fingers crossed then I'll go ahead and put them on the car and get some photos.

I was only willing to get either RE71r or Advan A052 tires. Between them the only sizes that they had that made sense were 245/40 or 235/40. I choose the Advan 235/40 for better turn in and steering feel. They are also 1lbs lighter. I'm sure there gonna be great for the turns but I would have def did RE71r again because I loved them. But wanted to try somthing new. I plan ordered future concept 5mm wheel spacers for the front from IND. Couple reasons. Why I choose this space. 1. In the past I had some noise from burger spacers on dif wheel setup and it was annoying soni removed them. The future concept mount to the rotors so they cant move. This should be a solid design. 2. IND offered to sell me just the spacers with out the lug nuts at a lower price and that's worked for me since I am going to use stud conversion on the car.
My only desicion now is if I want to run my OEM TPMS in the new wheels or leave them in old wheels as a back up set.. If I used the titan stems and didnt have the tpms on the car, should this throw codes or be problematic in any way?
Appreciate 0