Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeokimster View Post
Here were my cars:

2008 e92 328i: my biggest regret. Went to test drive a 2008 yr 1 of the 1 135i and fell in love. Was convinced by my family that the 135i was too small. The spec was a BSM on coral red. My dream was Montego Blue on Boston Lemon :/ which never transpired. In 2010 I got a chance to ride my my buddies e92 m3 with full exhaust. It was from this point forward only one car was going to be the next in line.

2010 e90 m3: This was the car that inspired me. Was the best, the most thrilling, and also had the most maintenance drama(thank goodness for all the diy threads). Car was getting long tooth and nailed by 2016 so I supercharged it and it was fun again . Sadly towards the end of life I had gotten a mk7 Golf R for more DD duties. It got to the point where the M felt too precious to keep putting miles coupled with the 200mile range with my lead foot so ended up sitting. Had to make a financial sacrifice to start a business so it had to go. My wife actually cried the day it was flat bedded away :/. Favorite mods were KW Clubsports, BBS CHR, ESS Vt1, and Dinan exhaust.

2017 F80 zcp: this was my first leased car. The car I had the least attachment to. I would compare this relationship with a hypothetical one with a stripper. All the short test drives were flashy and felt great as the initial torque and the looks, and tech out of the box were solid. The e90 was the one that got away. The first true love I let go only for eternal resentment. Once the f80 zcp lust expires I was ready to move on. 1 year after acquisition it was gone. Have not missed the car since. I wonder how much of this was because it was a lease and the mental thought of watching mileage may have contributed.

Non bmws(both currently owned):
2016 Golf R purchased on new yrs eve of 2015. Nearly totaled the car very next day hitting a ice patch under a bridge while on the oem summers. Was surprised it came with summer tires during winter time and no one at the dealership advising me of that. Learned quickly. Cars has been a pocket rocket a to b commuter with jb1. Just enough to be explosive but not too much to be trouble some. Definitely have my e90 m a run in the low end. Car has loads of grip but lack steering feedback(better than f80). Car is still going strong to this day. Only parts out of ordinary maintenance was the water pump failing and having replaced the windshield 3 times. This glass is so shitty. This was the car I have kept the longest at 6.5 years. Also the only car I still can’t find the best seating position for comfort. Every time my wife drives the seat settings change, but the car was never offered with seat memory.

2015 958.2s Cayenne S: with a child on the way and having two dogs a suv was the obvious option. After the M cars my choices were CPO x5m or Cayenne S based on 60k cap I had established. Wasn’t able to find a local x5m to drive even tho there were deals nearby. Ultimately, the 2015 x5m felt too dated from the interior perspective imo. Came across a loaded 2015 cayenne S for 50k (90k msrp) that I couldn’t pass up. A sq5 was a near contender but I couldn’t pull the trigger at 65-70k msrp. So far have loved the experience. The service department had its fare share of snobbery. Surprised the car has no creaks or rattles to this day. My other cars developed rattles in 2-3 years. Steering feedback is surprisingly awesome beating my Golf r and f80.

What’s next:
Macan EV - 2024 launch
G80 xdrive ZCP
Wow! Great read I had! Thanks for sharing! The E90 M3 was a blast!

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0