View Single Post
      04-16-2021, 06:21 AM   #57
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The Head Unit age requirement is so you can reuse your existing OEM VIN Matching FSC Codes in the Donor Head Unit. It applies only if replacing existing Head Unit with same type Head Unit (e.g. ENTRYNAV2 without WLAN with ENTRYNAV2 with WLAN). It is irrelevant when replacing existing Head Unit with a different type Head Unit (e.g. ENTRYNAV with ENTRYNAV2), as the original FSC Codes cannot be reused on Donor Head Unit. In this case, you would use the Donor FSC Codes along with an Activation Module. If you want NAV, then you need Donor Head Unit with GPS hardware and set of FSC Codes from any Donor VIN with same Head Unit that has factory Navigation.
That’s good to hear. Is it not possible to extract the VIN from the HU itself?

So once the donor VIN, or any other VIN (matching HU) with nav is used with the activation module it’ll work on my car? I have a question below about connected services but assume this is not retained using this method?

Is this the kind of activation module you refer to?

Few other points I had in mind to help keep a track on costs and tasks necessary.

Feel free to PM if that works better.

1.) WiFi adapter/antenna
2.) HU, either ENTRYNAV2 or NBT EVO
3.) TCB?? Does not exist in newer HU, is there an adapter. How would connected services now be handled. E.g remote unlock subscription, or RTTI
4.) Service history, including upcoming services.
5.) Activation module to allow for coding.
6.) I-step upgrade to get full screen CarPlay
7.) USB CarPlay activation (pre/post Istep upgrade?) - does this have to be original fsc from a source, or similar usb activation methods available online.
8.) OABR cable?
9.) voltage converter for older type 8.8”

Does your below quote remain the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You can't. Full Screen on ENTRYNAV2 is not supported.
I have found a Technical pdf document for EntryNav, unlike EntryNav2.

What are the remaining unlabelled ports that I could not make out?

Thanks.

Last edited by KTE; 04-16-2021 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0