View Single Post
      05-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #50
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
I did the xhp tune. Product is decent..I don’t think at $324, that it’s worth the price at 65% of cost of mhd, but having it remove the torque limiter and reflashed stage 2 mhd was nice. Definitely better. I tried to time my 0-60 with a gps app and it literally couldn’t keep up. I hit 60 before the app even registered 40.

Also. I did stage on xhp. Should be good enough
Aleksander, a couple of points and may be I am mistaken about this, so please do correct me if I am.

Don't spark plugs need to be "gapped" differently than OEM spec after a car has been tuned for a different performance level?

If such is the case, I will ALWAYS have the shop carry the liability for that, either dealership or post-modified independent shop. Half of the B58 misfire/bad-timing stories on these threads go back to badly gapped plugs; in fact there was a Mission Performance thread that was quite educational, where the user gapped the plugs according to MP's guesswork suggestions and ended up with engine damage. I will look it up and link it. In fact this is the other reason I want a shop involved in all non OEM spec work. Their headache on how they twist around the pump every 15k miles for spark plugs.

Secondly, have you done the tune/DP installation yet? You mentioned MHD St2 in your last post; I am assuming you have the DP in along with MHD St. 2 and xHP St. 2? Overall impressions?
Appreciate 0