View Single Post
      11-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #25
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
FWIW, our second car is 2015 MINI S with a JCW tuner. The car is blast to drive. Plenty powerful and just Go-Kart fun. Interior, while not quite to the 2 series, it is very nice indeed (we opted for cloth sport seats and they are very BMW like- just not power). Super MPG's (getting 37 around town/highway avg). Very BMW like in operation and appointment (after all it is a BMW product).

The F56 (2dr), appears small, but has plenty of front passenger room and w/ the rears folded, I was able to take home a 55" flat screen from Costco in the box. Back seat is usable for two more fairly svelte and agile types, but who wants to haul passengers anyway.

We like ours so much that we will be trading next year for a 2019 and I will be adding the Dinan Stage 1 to that car ASAP after purchase. In fact if dealer will do it,I'll have them install it at delivery.

Go drive one. Drive the S model, put it in "Sport", move the Auto shifter to the M/S position and have fun. If the have a JCW model you can test drive that as it will show performance of the S model w/ the JCW tune added (w/o the stiff suspension and extra stuff I didn't want nor wished to pay for).

So you know, when I ordered mine, there was no Dinan support for a Tuner, I had to pay the big buck$ for the JCW factory tune. W/ Dinan now fully supporting MINI again, you can for $900 add their tune (which I'd wager is better) and still keep full warranty coverage on you car)
I actually shopped replacement cars for my 2015 C7 hoping to find one that responded like our MCS. I did in the M240i.

I too would echo your comments on the MINI...we don't have the JCW version but love our '15 Roadster S. Drive MINI models at work and had a track day at Indy in the JCW model....awesome brakes and great handling vehicle.
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 0