View Single Post
      12-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #92
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
As promised though a little later.. the install went beautifully! I used the Dinan M240i free flow exhaust with the Mperformance spoiler painted to match on the outer edge and piano black on the bottom.

The fitment of the exhaust was pretty much exact. The hangers lined up without issue and the included coupling fit without need of welding or an adapter sleeve. The 230i LCI piping diameter is the same as the 240i unlike in the 228i to 235i conversion.

The diffuser is still a direct bolt on fitment and paired wonderfully with the exhaust. I like the slightly sunken look. I also went ahead and did the front lip painted to match as well.

The sound is crisp and deep at idle. Its noticeably louder under load, but nearly the same loudness as stock when cruising at lower RPM. No drone! You can finally clearly hear the exhaust note in the cabin and I could code the ASD out. It sounds amazing without being overly loud. I highly recommend the mod, especially if you drive a 6spd and need to hear the motor.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0