12-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #757
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
Has anyone installed the Eton B 100 XHP crossovers? I've had my Eton B100's installed for approximately 5 months now, (Shoutout to Viffermike for the solid recommendation), but didn't install the Eton crossovers as I didn't know where to mount them, and didn't want to ruin their double-sided tape.

Has anyone used Dynamat or equivalent to replace the door sound-deadening pad as done in these videos?

Thanks
Nick,

Tried to PM you, but your box is full ...

Sorry for the tardy reply; been busy the past week with work and a few forums.

Question: Do you run an aftermarket amplifier? If you do and it has adjustable high-pass filtering and/or crossovers, you don't need to install the Eton units. As I explained in another post (IIRC) in the Strangelove thread, one should almost never use two sets of crossovers with a speaker array. The crossovers in the amp will almost certainly be better than the Eton ones.

Now: The B100 XHPs are high-pass filters; they are NOT crossovers. All they do is prevent bass frequencies (150Hz and below) from reaching the woofer and tweeter. The OEM amp is already doing this. So, IMHO, there is no need to install them in any situation except if you're running an aftermarket amp without internal high-pass filtering.

Hope this helps ...

... Oh, as for Dynamat: It can only help if installed reasonably well. If you do it, cover the speaker openings and the flat area around those (several inches' worth). But since you've already got the speakers in, I wouldn't go back in to do it unless you have to for another reason.

- Mike
Appreciate 1
963mw331.00