View Single Post
      10-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #35
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Quik View Post
Lol okay then go to burger tuning website and you tell me how the jb4 works. anyways, unless youre running a jb4 like i am i think id know a little bit more about how the jb4 works.
There are countless threads, including responses from Terry at BMS and vendors, stating that the JB4 will not stack on the MPPK. Add the JB4 to your M235 and you'll make the same power as a non-MPPK 2014+ non-MPPK N55 with a JB4, map for map. It's the primary reason why 335/435 crowd foregos the MPPK. I dare you to do the following Google search: "Does the JB4 stack on the MPPK"

What the JB4 will also do on MPPK equipped N55s is negate most of the exhaust burbles. Why? Because the JB4 takes over some of the fuel delivery programming and ignores the MPPK injector feature which dumps a tiny amount of fuel into the exhaust to create the burbles.

I'm not running the JB4 because the execution of the device is rather rudimentary and running the OBD sensor through the firewall on a 6MT is a royal pain because having to cut an access rubber grommet and running the risk of slicing/rubbing the clutch slave hose. I like being able to return to stock quickly and I'm not consumed with adding a ton of power to the car.