View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeffries View Post
I have owned two Miatas (Miatae?), and I've always said they were more fun per dollar than any car I've ever owned. (Short list: XK150, 928, 944 Turbo, 911 Carrera 4, Vettes, SLK, M Coupe...)

As an aging (let's face it old) man who is only allowed one car in the garage (women, can't live with 'em unless they get half the garage), the M240i convertible xDrive was a far better choice for a year-round car.

But fun? Those little babies were tons of fun!
Yep...have had two Miatas..a NB '99 Sport Soft Top Convertible followed by a NC '08 Sport Power Retractable Hard Top; both with manual transmissions. Not too long ago, test "sat" in the latest ND model. Found it cramped; non-existant glove box and passenger foot well sized for...very small people. Miatas certainly feel connected to the road and are a blast to drive. Great driving sensations in corners even at legal speeds! Had a blast autocrossing the NB for years. Both very reliable.
However...
Instead of replacing the NC with latest ND, I opted for a '15 MINI Roadster S. More power, more interior human space and "boot" space, more/nicer amenities. MUCH less tiring on long drives than either Miata (both less wind and engine noise)

Am now strongly considering adding the 2 series..loved the BMW design, features and performance of our former F31 Sportwagon and love the size/performance/price point of the 2 series...

Good luck with your decision on your M235...
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 0