Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburg View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

What I have is the HK system that comes with the '19 230i I'm picking up today. I'm not aware of the signal processing this system does.

In my previous '16 228 with the HK System, I used the capacitor - I believe the Eton B100XHP was not available back then. So I am seeking advise of whether to use the capacitor that comes with the Eton B100 speaker kit, placing it between the main driver and tweeter, or the B100XHP.

Thanks much!
Just to be safe, I would install the Eton filters if you're installing only the Etons (i.e., running off the OEM amp).

Be mindful, however, that if you upgrade the amp, add a DSP, etc. after that, you should not use any similar function on it. It's generally not a good idea sonically to 'double up' frequency filtering, especially when it's likely two types of it: electrical (the Eton part) and electronic (the amp/DSP).

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0