View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 12:55 AM   #14
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Some nice pics! Anyone have an adjustable front splitter fitted to their 2er? I can't say I've ever seen one, so I'm curious what might be out there.

I go back and forth on the idea of a front splitter/lip. If I lived at the track, then sure, but is a handful of track days a year worth the reduced ground clearance up front when driving around town year round? I can't seem to convince myself that it is.

I also have mixed feelings about the MP front splitter. I tend to lean towards MP parts for any aesthetic upgrades, but the MP front splitter is the only part in the MP catalog that I find a little strange looking. Something about how that big rectangular piece on the left and right air dams covers the existing part of the front bumper. It looks (literally) tacked on. Actually, to be fair, it looks pretty good on Dylan86's all-black 2er above, but I think that might be because it's more subdued in all the blackness. Am I alone in thinking this??? Also, is there a chance that only the lower splitter portions can still be attached without having to use the air damn covers? Wondering how that might look as well...