View Single Post
      06-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #14
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Ground Control or Vorshlag is the go to for camber plates. I have GC because that is what was in stock at the time. From my understanding, the max camber I can have (with coilovers) is just under -4.0.

As for tires, RE71R is a really good tire. You will go through them rather quickly, however, depending on how much you are willing to push the boundaries and flip them as needed, you could run them nearly smooth. My last set saw nearly 30 heat cycles and the treads 2-3 inches from the sidewall were nonexistent. Even at that rate, they were plenty sticky. Most people will run them for a day and claim that they fall off after the third lap. My experience tells me that they will fall off but not by much. To put it to a test, I lost 1 second from lap 3 to lap 12. That might sound like a ton but considering how they are at least a second faster than the RS4, not too shabby.

If you want a consistent tire with good like and really good communication, get the RS4. Pros will claim a half second between the RS4 and RE71R but for mere mortals like myself, the difference is about a second. I do like the RS4s a lot because of how long they last and how they communicate. The release of grip is very linear and they are very fun to slide around.

Conti ExtremeContact Sports are nice road tires that have some grip on track. They are considerably slower than the RS4 but they will last forever. Since they do slide a lot more than the others, it's a a fun ride at low speeds.

Run them at 35-37 psi hot.

Instagram: @Capt_and
Appreciate 0