View Single Post
      04-15-2023, 05:44 PM   #1822
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
This was pretty cool.

Wanted to fill up the G80. I always use shell. V-power is all i use. However i go there and there's a filling truck there, no thanks. So i go 1/4 mile up the road to the exxon. I guess people couldn't wait for the shell as well so they decided to go here. Not many cars so i decided to wait.

But one pickup was hogging 2 pumps. Not on purpose, he just had a gigantic pickup. So i waited. No big deal. But then another person was already in front of me so he should be quick since gas is quick to get right?

Nah not really, 2 of the pumps were out of order. More cars were starting to pull in so i couldn't just drive around to the next aisle of pumps. Dude in front of me had a car full of kids. So the kids get out and went inside the exxon mini-mart. It's all good. Kids gotta get their snacks.

Finally they got done pumping but stayed at the pump for about 2 minutes. I totally get it. You gotta make sure the kids are buckled up because maybe they were going on a road trip today, since today was pretty nice out. I waited patiently. I'm a patient guy. They finally left.

I pull up, said what's up to the attendant since i do come here sometimes if shell is too busy or if the filling truck is there, like today.

I go fill up. Was about 59 bucks. Yikes. Totally different than the 8 bucks to charge my tesla.

So filling up the G80 today cost me 59 bucks. Including the trip time to shell, then leaving shell, then doing the whole fiasco at exxon.

About 23 minutes. A couple of minutes short of visiting a tesla supercharger.

I'll stick to home charging with the tesla vs the inconsistency of gas fill ups, especially during these times where the weather is nice and people parading gas stations.

2035 on the move!