Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdputnam View Post
I don't use a brush!
I don't even touch the wheels!!
So, how do I do that?
First, I clean the car every other week so the wheels don't get extremely filthy.
I buy Sonax Full Effect Wheel cleaner in the handy 5 liter containers (it's cheaper that way and you use more with this method than you would with the dainty size spray bottle).

I put the 5 liters in a 3 gallon pressurized tank sprayer :
(Don't worry you are not going to use 5 liters to clean the wheels)

Then I pressurize the sprayer using my handy portable pancake air compressor to 100psi:

Then disconnect the air compressor walk around with the sprayer to each wheel and blast the holy bejeezus out of them with the Sonax. I let the whole shebang sit for 3-4 minutes and pressure rinse off the Sonax using my Costco PowerStroke 3100 psi pressure washer with a 40° nozzle, (don't go ape sh%t, hold the nozzle at least 3-4" away from the wheel).

After that it is just a regular wash, including the wheels, with Snow Foam and a foam cannon attached to the PowerStroke.

I then dry the wheels with a Toro leaf blower on high:

and presto sparkling shinny wheels without touching them.
Jesus. I'll stick to my $10 micro-fiber Wal Mart wheel brush.