10-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #43
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Smurf View Post
Good to see you weren't dissuaded from an N20. I went down the timing chain rabbit hole all over this forum and arrived at the conclusiion, like many other more informed users, that the "issue" is overblown. It happens, sure, but so does a myriad of other problems which doesn't make it endemic to the engine. THe amount of users on this forum represent a miniscule amount of n20s that exist and the by far the majority have no TC issues.

Anyways, my .02. My next ride hopefully will be a F22 in manual with the same n20. Love it!
Yes. We are very happy with ours so far. Discovered it's actually the N26 with "sorted" injectors and other tidbits to make it SULEV. It's not as fuel efficient as I expected but maybe I drive it a little harder. In terms of the timing chain, it should have the updated system but just in case I bought an extended warranty that covers it to just over 90,000 miles. So I drive it without worry. Unfortunately, we are entering the time of year where we'll be driving with the top up most of the time.
Appreciate 1
mb67152.00