View Single Post
      08-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #9
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
As above, I just retro-fitted the BMW M Performance LSD to my M235i convertible 2 years after buying it. I'd say it really should have been either standard or a true factory option for, say $800-$1000 - it really makes the car complete and I'm fairly sure BMW only dropped it in order to differentiate from the M2 and save a bit of money. The M-Lite is a 330 BHP RWD performance car that is also a very capable daily drive as well, especially with the Adaptive Suspension. I don't have any performance mods and don't track the car. But I do use the power and handling when it's safe and suitable to do so.

If you're using the car the way it's designed to be driven then you'll appreciate the LSD. As a retro-fit the cost is quite high but if you're getting it for $800-$1k then it's a bargain. But you might feel that the cost-benefit case is borderline if you only ever drive the car on busy commuter freeways and urban streets. It'll really shine however, if you ever get into canyon country or open rural roads. That said, I've still noticed the benefit in more routine driving conditions.

Most people have a budget that's not infinite, so have to compromise a bit on options. What I'd say is that at a pre-owned discount, the LSD sits there as a desirable option alongside Adaptive Suspension, Sports Auto, electric seats + lumbar, and Xenon Adaptive headlights.

Last edited by msej449; 08-08-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00