View Single Post
      08-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #8
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Boat View Post
Is this an owner created build sheet or receipts from a dealer?

If it's the factory spec sheet, I wasn't aware F22's could be optioned with the M Performance LSD. MY understanding is that they are dealer-order only and install post purchase.

I would check the S/N or P/N on the unit before hand if there's no receipts of the purchase from a reputable parts dealer - the housing is identical.

For the premium, maybe $1,000? Personally, I'd buy a good example of a completely stock F22 with the packages you want, preferably CPO. Use the savings to have a Quaife (Helical) or MFactory (helical or clutch pack) unit installed. Keep in mind that the M Performance LSD is very mild with only 25% lock. For nearly the same price, MFactory will sell you the Ring Gear and Clutch Type pumpkin with the %lock of your choice.
Prior to 2017, the LSD was on the option sheet when ordering these cars and the LSD was installed at port. In 2017, it became a part you ordered from the parts dept and was installed at the dealership. The MP LSD formerly listed for around $3,300 on the BMW option sheet. Now it lists for ~$2,000 and can be had for $1,800-1,900. Install will set you back around $500-600 if you have a BMW dealer so the work.

The MP LSD is very high quality and is built for BMW by one the best and most respected LSD builders in the world. The MP LSD has 30% lock up on acceleration and 10% lock up on decceleration. It's very capable and ideal for a street car that may see non-competitive track use. I can promise you, you can feel it working quite a bit. For 2 years, my M235 didn't have it. I added it about 5 months ago and the difference in traction in all situations is astounding.

You can buy other aftermarket LSDs as well, but it will cost you closer to $3,500-4,000 installed.