View Single Post
      08-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Boat View Post
Is this an owner created build sheet or receipts from a dealer?

If it's the factory spec sheet, I wasn't aware F22's could be optioned with the M Performance LSD. MY understanding is that they are dealer-order only and install post purchase.

I would check the S/N or P/N on the unit before hand if there's no receipts of the purchase from a reputable parts dealer - the housing is identical.

For the premium, maybe $1,000? Personally, I'd buy a good example of a completely stock F22 with the packages you want, preferably CPO. Use the savings to have a Quaife (Helical) or MFactory (helical or clutch pack) unit installed. Keep in mind that the M Performance LSD is very mild with only 25% lock. For nearly the same price, MFactory will sell you the Ring Gear and Clutch Type pumpkin with the %lock of your choice.

You could order the LSD from factory but it's not installed at the factory, it gets port-installed after the car is unloaded from the boat after it goes through customs...

The difference is in that case, BMW keeps your original differential.... if you order it afterwards, then you can keep your differential but then you need to pay for the install....
Appreciate 1
Sail Boat192.00