View Single Post
      12-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

What kind of camera for HPDE/AutoX video and how where to mount?

I'm looking to start recording my AutoX and HPDE sessions to go back and look for ways to improve afterwards and share just for fun. What are you using to capture track video and where do you mount it?

I've got a SeaSucker GoPro Mount, and am looking at a GoPro Hero 7 "Silver" as a simple enough camera with image stabilization and 4k/30fps video. Is the "HyperSmooth" image stabilization available in the GoPro Hero 7 "Black" worth ~$100 in price difference? Is there a different non-GoPro camera worth looking at?

And where do you mount the camera? Is video better if it's through the windshield from the dashboard area looking out with a driver-like perspective over the hood? Should I mount it to the rear window so I can review my handwork on the wheel? Should it be positioned on the side of the car somewhere to give a good sense of speed?
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 0