View Single Post
      11-16-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
NewWorldOrder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240ix vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS75 View Post
Sorry to cross-post but I've put this thread in the B58 tuning section - just wondered if any UK based people who may not have browsed there might have input:
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1774071

My next question following on from the difference between the two backboxes is: what have people generally done for a bit more noise, which doesn't affect warranty and won't cause issues when the first MOT comes around?

Bit of background - for several years I've had 'company' cars loaned direct from BMW but that is ending and I need to buy myself a car of my own.
Was offered my last 'company' car at a price that can't be refused so I've got a 2021 M240i.
Now, we've had a LOT of cars with various 3.0 turbo petrol engines (we have an X3 M40i right now) and the 2021 M240i is by far the most muted, boring sounding one we've ever had. Even the X3 pops and crackles and yet there's zero noise coming out of my car.
Having had a 2018 M240i which was really obnoxious for pops and bangs it's a bit disappointing - if I'm going to own this car I want it to be fun.

Any suggestions on what can be done without risking the warranty and MOT worthiness? I figured MPE was the way to go but they don't even appear to list one for my VIN and I've read that they don't do much when the car has a PPF anyway...?
Resonator delete. If you can only afford to do one of them, do the front one. This will make the biggest change overall to sound.

I currently have an 18 m240i with the resonators deleted and a Remus axle back. I think it sounds pretty good, but I'm eagerly waiting to install a catless down pipe.
Appreciate 0