View Single Post
      05-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #47
B58_bomber
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

The only way to really find out is cut one open or get the CAD files from designer. That's just UK certification standards. That may not apply to American roads & tracks. Plus FrAnKle assumption on part number meanings is a little weary. Does he work for Bilstein? I was told to follow the Technical & Warranty Support Expert " for this particular system". Perhaps within a 1-1/2 year span. There was a revision in design from his or her post you mention. That is always a possibility too. Like I said you have to cut one open to really see the technology/innovation involved.

Update: If I am putting bump stops its going to be shorter aftermarket++ poly. I wonder if Delrin is a good material for that. Remember suspension travel is a good thing. Don't want to be riding on bumpstop all day, its like training wheels but worst. From my measurements 1.5" thick "spacer" will stop the main shaft from bottoming out. Its either me doing the math or Dinan can for you. With their fancy Supplemental Ride Quality & Handling Kit.

Last edited by B58_bomber; 05-11-2021 at 12:48 AM..
Appreciate 0