View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #19
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
What's the best route for our cars? I'd like minimal dealer nagging. Dinan seems like the best route for safety with their matching warranty, but only a 35hp and 40tq gain and no customizability as I am aware of. Jb4 offers more performance than Dinan, and can be easily removed, but doesn't have as much customizability as bootmod3. But BM3 is a complete ecu flash that will surely be picked up by the dealer. Car is brand new 2020, and would prefer to have no warranty issues... but B58 seems pretty bulletproof as of now. All input is appreciated.
If your BMW dealer is also a Dinan, that would be the best and safest IMO. Do not let the modest gains in HP and TQ of the Dinan dissuade you. Adding that to the existing is very noticeable. IF dealer does the install - than any issues will be handled between Dinan and your dealer and BMW. DIY and you become the middle man. Is that worth the $165 dealer installation cost...you decide?

All the others, while customizable and providing more power, any issues will be on you and you alone. If the car is out of warranty, then it makes no difference. However, there are instances where engines grenade, seize or otherwise malfunction during the first 4 years or covered miles. Car computer will show a tuner was on the car whether or not you remove it or not. BMW will refuse to fix. $20K for a new motor. You decide.......

Here's a for instance:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1691343

Last edited by USA-RET; 02-04-2020 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
kianf2264.00