10-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #36
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3LMV View Post
Dylan86 Have you got any update regarding oil starvation and the M2 oil pickup tube?
No updates, haven't experienced this. I plan on retrofitting the M2/M235iR oil pump pick up tube, though, for next year.

Work has consumed me since July, haven't spent much time with the car aside from weekend rips and a casual track day for my birthday. The car is set to go, two sets of tires mounted on track rims, finally received my back-ordered PFC brake pads for the Brembo GT's, so I'll have those for next year, no more waiting..

And due to a career opportunity, I have taken a 2-3 year position back in Ontario, where I'll be close to my favourite track, Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park), and Shannonville Racetrack. Where I live now, the closes track is about 3 hours, and it's hella $$ to get seat time, due to it being a private "members only" facility.

I expect 8-10 track days, next year, at a minimum. The suspension is all dialed in, have been fine tuning it all year and have found the absolute best right height/damping balance for rough to average street conditions, as well as the track settings which I started with. It's amazing how much damping/rebound range is in these Clubsports, they're a true street/track coilover, with the adaptability via adjustments.

Just a couple of fall weeks left, I may get out to the highway passes tomorrow for one final rip (it's close to freezing temps up there), maybe strap the action cam onto the car for fun, will see