05-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #23
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Just curious how much did this entire setup cost you?
Entire suspension/brake setup? Or entire car setup?

I can tell you that including the cost of the car, and all mods, I'm well under the turn key cost of owning a new, stock, M2.

PM me if you want particulars, I got a lot of the expensive stuff at heavy discounts. For example, iND was selling these coilovers for 1/3 of the price, new. They were take offs from one of their builds. I got the Apex wheels on a group buy. The BBK was bought from another forum member, used.

Both the Clubsports and the BBK came to me only because I was patient through the process of collecting parts. I would not have purchased them, new, it was simply out of budget. I was about to pull the trigger on Ohlins R&T when I decided that the CS's were too good of a deal to pass. The Brakes came more recently, I was going to be spending about $1500CDN just to put OEM 370mm Brembo's from the F30, new rotors etc, then decided for a bit more, I should just get this BBK, instead. Those two pieces, alone, are the most expensive to buy up front, everything else is pretty standard across the industry, like sway bars, bushings, links, they were all reasonable. Prices are out there on most things, but I've never tallied up my actual cost... If I had to guess, including engine mods, interior bits, and suspension, maybe $10k USD? I wouldn't expect most people to wait for deals, as I did, though. This same build could equate to close to 50% more, if you were to swipe the CC and buy everything new, at list prices..

Hope that helps?

D