GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
This car definitely needs a 19 inch rim. A small detail in the grand scheme, but enough to potentially make me look at aftermarket wheel options.

What is the consensus on performance parts? Do we expect cosmetic accessories (diffuser,spoiler,kidney grille), to be available upon the immediate release of the car? I would like to build those costs into my lease.

Aftermarket parts are always there...this shouldn't even be a question. Typically during the release of a new car BMW will release parts...and then after market vendors just into the mix.

As for cost - no one in the world knows this...so just budget X amount or whatever you feel okay with spending.

Also 19" wheels are over kill for this car. Probably won't be an option. It's not an option for the current 1 Series...and chances are it won't be for the 2 Series.
In my opinion, the 19 on the 1M looks a lot better than the 18 on the 35.

Regardless, not a big deal.

I am certainly aware that there will be plenty of aftermarket parts, I would just prefer to stay OEM if possible.

Also, my question wasn't so much what the cost of the BMW performance parts will be, as much as it was: will the parts be revealed at the same time as the car is revealed?

It has varied in the past.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0