Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
Driving looked great! The gear whine is awesome. We need some updated pics of your car too!
Hah, thanks! Funny you should mention the diff whine -- I just spent the drive back from the track this weekend obsessing there's a new pitch to it. Might be time for new clutch packs...

And, twist my arm for more pics. I should probably update my build thread too, it's been a while -- current setup is much lighter, way stiffer springs, different dampers, lower ride height, and a different rollbar. Oh, have been testing some Nankang AR1s too -- first impressions are pretty positive, but need more time with them to make up my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Seems like you are left foot braking...
Definitely. Even on the street, I left-foot brake two-pedal cars. Makes no sense to me not to use one foot only because it's considered a "bad habit" or something...

That's actually been my biggest issue over the last few months learning to track a three-pedal car -- teaching the right foot how to brake as well. It's harder to trailbrake well when it's constantly switching between the gas and the brake.

Wow it looks so good. That roll bar also looks great, much tighter to the roof than every prefab bar.
1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 0