View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #8
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Beast View Post
Hey folks! I've had several BMW's over the years but nothing this small. Is it just me or is this car very sensitive while steering? It's so responsive it's almost a little scary and I can see getting out of control quite easily. I'd say Go-Cart comes to mind but you get my drift.

Is it the extreme oversteer I'm feeling where it doesn't take much to change lanes and get around? My e92 is almost 3 inches longers so it's the shorter wheel base, I get it. But for the first timers driving this car has anyone every experienced the same feeling. It feels very very light and easy to maneuver ...too good in fact where it gets pretty scary and I feel like I'm going to end up facing the other way. Experience and thoughts please!
You're over-thinking this and worrying too much. You're not going to crash

The M235 has a short wheelbase, a pretty quick steering rack (quite a bit quicker than the E92's), and a smaller steering wheel. The M235 steering, even in the Sport setting, is a bit lighter than the heavier E92 steering. The quicker and lighter steering and smaller wheel in the M235 is screwing with your muscle memory. You'll get used to it. Also, the crappy, stiff sidewall, and narrow (for a 225 width tire) P7s further compound the nervousness of the chassis and steering and can make wheelspin an annoyance. The new tires will make a huge difference in stability and grip. Hopefully you're getting wider tires.

If you really want to improve the chassis dynamics, an LSD is the way to go. Don't waste your time with suspension improvements until you do the LSD.