View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #5
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl View Post
You are correct, the issue is with the wiring. I was using the OBDII Can, which I now know is filtered and is the reason I had no success in getting anything from the CAN. I will have to hard wire it to the FEM.

I also found out that AiM now has 2 protocols for the Fxx platform, the F21 that has 13 channels, and the M235i one that has 21 channels. I was hoping to get the Pid's from their documentation, but no success there. I will email the dealer I got the RC from, as they are also an official AiM dealer, maybe I get lucky.

Anyway, you should give the M235i protocol a try if you have an AiM and was using the F21 protocol.
Glad you figured it out. And definitely share if you find anything. My experience has been that AiM is pretty protective of the PIDs, which is frustrating, but understandable -- they've spent a lot of time reverse-engineering them. But never hurts to ask.

FWIW, the M235i protocol is for the M235iR, which runs a completely different ECU from our street cars.

If you want to poke around and see what's available with the F21 protocol, here's a random example. Off the top of my head: throttle pedal position, throttle opening, brake PSI (front and rear), steering angle, the 4 individual wheelspeeds, RPM, ambient temp, charged air temp, oil temp, gear #, gearbox temp, torque (engine and gearbox).

Last edited by msendit; 12-28-2020 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0