View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #4
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Also, worth mentioning that AiM has one single preset* for all F-series cars (I know folks who use it across N55/S55/B58), so chances are your issue is with the wiring, and the RC M2 one will work for you.

*unfortunately, it's not editable, so I can't get get exact PIDs from it
You are correct, the issue is with the wiring. I was using the OBDII Can, which I now know is filtered and is the reason I had no success in getting anything from the CAN. I will have to hard wire it to the FEM.

I also found out that AiM now has 2 protocols for the Fxx platform, the F21 that has 13 channels, and the M235i one that has 21 channels. I was hoping to get the Pid's from their documentation, but no success there. I will email the dealer I got the RC from, as they are also an official AiM dealer, maybe I get lucky.

Anyway, you should give the M235i protocol a try if you have an AiM and was using the F21 protocol.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 1
msendit421.00